U of M hosts July 1 Fresh Air Fair to celebrate new smoke- and tobacco-free campus
Event on Northrop Plaza features free outdoor fun, fresh air
June 25, 2014
What: Fresh Air Fair
When: Tuesday, July 1; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Northrop Plaza, 84 Church Street S.E., Minneapolis
On July 1, the University of Minnesota will celebrate its commitment to the health and well-being of all campus community members with a Fresh Air Fair that’s free and open to the public. On that day, the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus will become smoke and tobacco free.
The Fresh Air Fair will feature live music by The Moonlight Duo and appearances by Goldy Gopher and the Gopher volleyball team. Fresh air and refreshments will be available.
Additional highlights of the Fresh Air Fair include:
- Welcome and congratulations from Ferd Schlapper, Chief Health Officer and Director, Boynton Health Service, at noon
- Thousands of pinwheels displayed on Northrop Mall
- Frisbees provided by the U Card office
- Trip planning tips provided by Outdoor Recreation
- Information about tobacco cessation from Boynton Health Service
This smoke- and tobacco-free policy will create a healthier, cleaner and more inclusive environment for the entire campus community. University facilities, buildings and grounds on the Duluth, Crookston and Rochester campuses will also be smoke and tobacco free beginning July 1.
For more, go to the Share the Air website.